Man electrocuted while attempting an illegal electricity connection
By Rosette Nandutu
Ibrahim Aisu, a 24-year old man from Pallisa district has been electrocuted after allegedly trying to illegally connect electricity.
A resident of Gogonyo trading Centre, Gogonyo county in Pallisa district, Aisu is said to have met his death when he attempted to connect electricity from a nearby transformer to a house of a yet to be identified businessman when he touched a live electric wire.
He died on the way to the hospital.
According to Pallisa Resident District Commissioner, Dhikusoka Majid, a team of Police and Umeme officials visited the scene where the incident happened as Aisu a Boda Boda rider was promised facilitation after the work.
Security officials in the district have therefore warned the public against illegal power connections because of the life-threatening risks involved.
UMEME through its employees has for long sensitive and organised operations in Pallisa district to crack down on illegal electricity connections, but many residents have remained adamant.
Comments are closed.
Comments · 1
Thanks for timely updates as events unvaii