Government Lifts Suspension on Link Buses
By Melanie Aanyu,
Government has finally agreed to lift the two week suspension that had been imposed on Link Bus company after the grisly Fort Portal accident last week.
A preliminary report by government on the accident has since blamed human error on the side of the bus driver to have been the cause of the accident.
Government consequently suspended Link buses for a period of two weeks as investigations into the grisly accident continue.
However, today (Friday), the Works and Transport Minister, Gen Edward Katumba Wamala told journalists that government has finally lifted the suspension.
He said the lifting of the suspension also came after the bus company offered to foot bills for burial arrangement and medical treatment for the dead and injured respectively.
According to the Transport Minister, only buses and drivers that have been verified by the ministry will be allowed back onto the road.
The development is a sigh of relief to both members of the public and the bus company that have been anxiously waiting for this.